PatronManager (PM) support provides assistance for using PM features and functionality. Support will work diligently to address reported issues or incidents within the PM product. Client is empowered with self-help tools, such as the PM Client Community and knowledge resources to be independently successful using PM to help execute client organization’s mission.
As part of support services, the PM Support Team will provide the following:
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting issues, unexpected behavior, and errors within PM – Support will use reasonable efforts to correct errors that are attributable to programming in PM. All issues will be handled based on severity and evaluated for future major releases and updates.
- Major releases and corresponding documentation – The Help Tab and Client Community are the primary means of communicating such information.
Case Severity Definitions
|Severity Level||Definition||First Response Target (business hours)|
|Critical||Critical product incident that impacts use of PM, rendering (a) the database down or unavailable to all users or (b) an inability to process transactions.||Two hours|
|Urgent||Major issue with core functionality or loss of use resulting in high impact to portions of business operations.||Two business days|
|Medium||Partial, non-critical loss of use of PM functionality; or information requested on application of capabilities, navigation, or installation.||Seven business days|
|Low||Topics otherwise not mentioned herein.||Reasonable efforts will be used to provide timely assistance|
- First response targets are not guaranteed. These are best practice targets and can vary.
- Support is provided for features to be used as designed. Recommendations for using features in alternative ways are not provided. Support may recommend reaching out to other clients in the Client Community if alternative use of features is desired.
- Real-time event support is not provided. Clients are provided with materials to appropriately prepare for event emergencies.
- Outside business hours, incoming cases are monitored for issues that may require more immediate response.
- Clients can provide guidance on perceived priority. Case first response is determined by severity level as detailed above.
- Client is provided with the ability to escalate priority of a case from the case record within the Client Community. Duplicate cases should not be submitted to escalate.
Terms of Service
- Client is responsible for remaining current on PM service and support fees.
- Client acknowledges that certain issues or perceived gaps in functionality may not be addressed except through a major release or product update.
- Client acknowledges that PM uses Agile Product Development, and requests to change the product are considered but are not guaranteed.
- PM reserves the right to limit or discontinue support of any features or portions of PM as part of planned obsolescence. As much advance notice as possible will be provided.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that all PM users receive initial training sufficient to enable them to effectively use PM in accordance with their role. Each user is responsible for completing the PatronManager User Certification. Based on the number and types of cases submitted, PM may refer Client to additional training. Client recognizes that support is not a replacement for adequately training end users.
- Maintain PM Admin User Credentials to access the production account at all times.
- Assume responsibility for fully protecting patron data against loss or corruption.
- Respect patron data as defined by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection regulations and best practices.
- Ensure each user has individual login credentials. Sharing logins is a violation of Salesforce Terms of Service.
- Users are properly deactivated when departing the organization, per instructions in the Help Tab.
- Keep users’ email preferences up to date to ensure successful delivery to correct staff members of important PM service alert communication. At least one user must be opted in to receive and review business critical communication from PM at all times, and serve as appointed liaison.
PM does not provide support for other third party Apps or custom development of any kind. When installing any additional Salesforce AppExchange products or custom development work, Client is responsible for testing in a sandbox environment to determine compatibility. PM does not provide support for issues caused by other Apps or custom development, and reserves the right to pause support services until such Apps or custom features are disabled or uninstalled. PM does not provide developer product information or communicate with hired consultants.
- Client acknowledges that installing Apps and custom development can cause interruption to core PM functionality and has the potential to prevent transaction processing.
- PM uses a custom Contact and Account model for managing incoming Contacts and deduplication. Apps and custom features that handle incoming Contacts and Accounts may not be compatible.
- Of particular note, PM does not support any issues stemming from use of the Salesforce App “Nonprofit Success Pack” (NPSP).
- PM periodically reviews commonly requested Apps and notes configuration guidance for compatibility in the Recommended Apps List in the Help Tab. Client acknowledges that any such Apps can subsequently cease compatible operation, and PM does not provide support in such occurrences. PM does not provide support to determine or troubleshoot App compatibility requested on an individual basis.
- PM provides unmanaged packages for add-on features that are individually customizable by client. These packages are self-service. PM does not provide guidance or support for use post-installation.
- Maintain accuracy of the database. Clients importing or making other mass data updates assume all responsibility for these updates, and PM cannot provide support to restore or fix problems caused by these efforts.
- Read product release notes.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner when working with the Support Team. PM reserves the right to cease conversation and assistance if Client engages with the support team in an unprofessional manner.
- Employees submitting cases and otherwise communicating with PM support must have PM login credentials and PatronManager User Certification.
- Support cases in the Client Community are the primary means of direct communication between client and the Support Team, and cases submitted through the Client Community are monitored to identify priority issues.
- Support answers cases from 9AM to 6PM ET, M-F, barring national holidays.
Exclusions and Restrictions
- Phone support availability is not guaranteed.
- Salesforce administration services are not provided. Questions regarding Salesforce functionality or issues not impacting PatronManager feature behavior are not included in support. Client may be directed toward alternative resources.
- The following services are not included in support but may be purchased independently unless included in contract:
- Professional services
- Add-on Projects as detailed in the Help Tab
- Data services such as data imports, updates, exports, and deduplication
- Support is not provided for custom work, including customizations and advice.
Terms Subject to Change
The policies, prices, and definitions provided herein are subject to change at PM’s sole discretion and at any time. This document can always be located at: patronmanager.com/patronmanager-terms-of-support/
Definition of Self-Help Support Services
If client cannot locate the following self-help services, the Support Team will provide direction to them.
- The Help Tab provides written and video documentation, as well as on-demand webinars.
- The Client Community is a resource center to ask questions, find answers to common questions, share best practices with similar organizations, and includes our online knowledgebase.