Who Are We?
Here at Patron Technology, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together — we are passionate about arts, sports, and entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing?
We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
Where Are We?
Our corporate headquarters are located right in the heart of the theatre district in NYC! You can practically step outside and see the flashing lights of Broadway. That being said, some of our positions are pretty flexible, and we have team members across the world.
What Are You Waiting For?
Check out our available positions:
- Staff Accountant
- Lead Development Rep – Part-time
- Python/Inkscape Developer — Part-time/Project-based
- Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
At Patron Technology, we believe that all arts organizations should have access to great technology, as well as the knowledge and expertise to use it successfully. Our Finance team is a key part of that philosophy.
We’re hiring a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. You’ll be part financial analyst, part accountant, and part problem solver. The ideal candidate has solid accounting and analysis experience and a love of solving puzzles and continually improving systems.
You’ll be great at this job if you:
- Are detail-oriented
- Are comfortable multi-tasking
- Can work both independently and within a team
- Can effectively communicate complex SaaS related accounting concepts with specialists and non-specialists alike
- Enjoy solving complex financial problems with little outside guidance
- Managing the billing process, including setting new clients up in our system, creating billing reports, and ensuring timely, accurate invoicing
- Managing payroll and commissions
- Managing important internal and external deadlines
- Financial analyses for use by senior management
Required Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with GAAP rules and revenue recognition standards
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills and comfort working with large datasets
- 2-4 years of demonstrated accounting experience
- Experience handling confidential information
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write, modify, and troubleshoot SQL queries
- Previous Salesforce.com experience, especially creating complex reports
- Experience working at a SaaS company
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
- Company benefits program with health insurance, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance and more
Are you excited yet? Write to us and tell us why! Your cover letter should make your case for why we should hire you (specifically!) to do this job (specifically!). Proving you’re an awesome, smart, enthusiastic person who loves the arts and loves technology will get you farther than a resume full of experience will.
Send your materials to Ricardo at jobs [at] patrontechnology.com using the subject line “Staff Accountant.”
Lead Development Rep – Part-time
Actors and theater artists! Are you looking for a part-time gig making phone calls? You’ll be joining a team of other arts-lovers who help theaters and other arts organizations grow! We have a friendly office, and our organization is largely staffed with artists like you. We’re located midtown, right in the heart of the theater district. (You can walk one block and go see the most recent Pulitzer-Prize-winning play. What’s better than that?)
Pay is $20/hour. Employment is part-time (we are open 9-6 and can work with you around your availability!)
Please address your resume and cover letter to Paul and send it to jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line “Client Cultivation Specialist”. Here’s the most important thing you’ll read on this entire page: Don’t send a templated cover letter, we can tell and we’ll delete it. Rather write a fantastic cover letter tell us why you’re the right person for this particular job, your enthusiasm for the arts, and demonstrate why you have the innate drive to succeed at any job. This cover letter is the most important part of your application.
Full description below:
Who Are We Looking For? We are looking for a part-time (29 hours/week) energetic, detail-oriented, and technology savvy person to join our Lead Development team to call and email organizations that may want to work with us. We want someone with an incredible amount of self-motivation, combined with a friendly, outgoing manner. We don’t read cold-call scripts but rather we engage potential customers in a dialogue.
Who Are We? We are Patron Technology, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together — we are passionate about arts, sports, and entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing? We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
We’d like you to have a strong interest and/or involvement in the arts, museums, or other live entertainment, and the positive attitude to achieve goals and surpass expectations. You must be able to be creative, work efficiently, write in a compelling manner, and be persuasive on the phone.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Outbound calling efforts are a key component of this position. You’ll be contacting prospective leads and providing information about PatronManager
- Researching information on the leads
- Completing daily activity reports accounting for all calls and inquiries
Requirements and Considerations:
- Engaging, empathetic and warm phone etiquette with an ability to engage in a conversation. There’s no “script reading” here!
- Highly detail oriented and methodical
- Fluent with database technology (Salesforce experience preferred)
- Experience in telemarketing/sales/customer service a plus
Where Are We? Our corporate headquarters are located right in the heart of the theatre district in NYC! You can practically step outside and see the flashing lights of Broadway from our 7th Avenue location.
Python/Inkscape Developer — Part-time/Project-based
Patron Technology is a provider of technology solutions for arts and cultural organizations. Our flagship product, PatronManager, is an application that allows organizations to run all aspects of their business, including selling reserved seating tickets to events held in performing arts venues of all shapes and sizes.
The PatronManager team builds these venues’ seat-maps on-demand for our clients, using Inkscape vector graphics software along with proprietary seat-building Inkscape extensions written in Python.
We are currently seeking an experienced part-time contractor with a background in Python Inkscape extension development to vet, streamline, and upgrade our existing extensions, and develop new extensions where necessary.
Experience writing Python scripts
Experience writing Python Inkscape extensions preferred
Able to effectively communicate progress and ideas
- Investigate and understand current Inkscape extensions used for seat-map building to enhance PatronManager’s seat-map creation and revision tools, that include the functionality to:
- Build large and complicated seat maps, which can be thousands of seats in number and any shape or size (straight, curved, circular rows, etc).
- Revise existing seat-maps, including renumbering, re-zoning, and rearranging seats.
- Collaborate with product management and internal end users to test and iterate development work on extensions
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience and ability, for a fixed number of project hours
- Ability to work remotely if desired, or in a comfortable office space in New York City
Send your resume to Jackie at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com, and include a cover letter and work sample (Inkscape extension preferred).
Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
We are looking for a sales executive who understands the arts & ticketing industry and has exceptional sales and prospecting abilities. We offer PatronManager: cloud-based box office ticketing, marketing, & fundraising built on the salesforce platform. As a Sales Executive your potential clients will be performing arts executives, museum and venue managers, fundraising specialists, and box office professionals. Understanding their business needs and perspectives is essential.
Job responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of the sales process, from initial product demonstration to contracting.
- Prospecting for new clients.
- Collaborating with colleagues within a supportive sales team environment.
Requirements and Considerations:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in sales and lead generation.
- A strong interest and/or experience working with performing arts organizations, museums, commercial entertainment or sports.
- Experience selling software or other technology systems.
- Experience actually using any ticketing, membership management, or fundraising technology system is helpful.
- You must be able to write in a compelling manner and be equally persuasive on the phone or in person.
Send a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line “Sales AE.” Tell us about your enthusiasm for this position, why you have the innate drive and experience for this position, and why this job is perfect for you. Because crisp and persuasive writing is a critical skill, your cover letter should demonstrate that and is a very important part of your application. In other words, don’t bother sending a form cover letter. This position is located in our mid-town Manhattan office. You’ll have significant earning potential with a base salary plus commission. We also offer a Fortune-500 quality health insurance plan paid 100% by us, and a 401K plan.