Who Are We?
Here at PatronManager, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together — we are passionate about arts, sports, and entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing?
We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
Where Are We?
Our corporate headquarters are located right in the heart of the theatre district in NYC! You can practically step outside and see the flashing lights of Broadway. That being said, some of our positions are pretty flexible, and we have team members across the world.
What Are You Waiting For?
Check out our available positions:
- Client Administrator
- Implementation Specialist – Full Time
- Lead Development Rep (Client Cultivation Specialist)- part-time
- Staff Accountant
- Python/Inkscape Developer — Part-time/Project-based
- Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
If you have an interest in the arts and a love for technology, we want you to work with us! We have a full-time (40 hours/week), entry-level position available on our Client Administration team, and though our office is in New York City, you can work from anywhere in the U.S. Right now, we’re especially looking to fill West Coast or Hawaii hours, 9:00-6:00 or 12:00-9:00 PM Pacific.
At PatronManager, our clients are primarily arts & cultural organizations (theatres, orchestras, dance companies, museums) that use our product to run their organizations. We believe they should have access to great technology, as well as the knowledge and expertise to use it successfully. Our Client Administration team is a key part of that philosophy. These are a few of the things our customers tell us about the service we provide:
“Thanks! Your instructions were easy to follow and I got it all fixed. You guys rock!”
“You’re always so helpful, and even when I feel stupid you make me feel like I’m not stupid… We really appreciate it.”
Join us, and you can help us elicit those kinds of responses!
This is not specifically a “tech support” position, but we ARE a technology company, so we’re looking for someone who knows their way around a computer, and is excited (and not at all intimidated) by learning new things all the time. Do you love trying out new apps on your smartphone? Do your relatives come to you with their computer problems? Have you ever built your own database, or website, or even just customized a Tumblr template? If you can answer yes with enthusiasm and pride to questions like these, we’d like you to apply.
Our Client Administration department helps clients by answering questions and solving problems by email and over the phone. Here are some examples of the kind of work you’ll be doing:
- Helping a box office manager with their season subscription renewals
- Troubleshooting a marketing manager’s problems with setting up an email campaign
- Helping a development director with pulling lists for a fundraising appeal
- …And just generally answering a wide range of questions about how our system works.
Working here, you’ll learn how cloud-based software works, how arts organizations work, and what it’s like to be part of a fast-growing technology company. Check out the rest of our website to learn more about what we do. Compensation is salaried for full-time positions and hourly for part-time positions, and there is ample opportunity for increased responsibility as time goes on. Full-time positions include health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation benefits.
Are you excited yet? Write to us and tell us why! Your cover letter should make your case for why we should hire you (specifically!) to do this job (specifically!). Previous experience in an arts organization, especially using PatronManager, is nice; proving you’re an awesome, smart, enthusiastic person who loves the arts and loves technology is crucial.
In addition to your cover letter & resume, we’d like to see how you would answer some real-life client questions. Be creative, as there are no correct answers. Along with your resume and cover letter, please submit responses to the following questions:
- A PatronManager client named Stefanie is considering offering flex subscription packages and wants to know if PatronManager will support what she’s looking to do. Write her back with an answer.
- Carlos, a PatronManager client, writes in asking if we support Bixolon printers. Write him back with a response.
Excited? To apply, send your materials to Philippe at jobs[at]patronmanager.com with the subject line “Client Administration Team.”
Implementation Specialist – Full Time
Love the arts? Love technology? Then we want you to come work with us at PatronManager!
We’re hiring for a full time implementation specialist to join our growing team. Our clients are primarily arts and cultural organizations (theatres, orchestras, dance companies, museums) that use our product, PatronManager, to run their business. We believe they should have access to great technology, as well as the knowledge and expertise to use it successfully.
The implementation specialist is a professional client facing position, responsible for a range of activities designed to achieve a high level of client service and satisfaction during a client’s implementation of PatronManager. This position requires a high level of independent judgement and decision making throughout the implementation process. The position is primarily responsible for setup and configuration of the PatronManager platform, utilizing a combination of product knowledge, project management skills and critical thinking.
Job responsibilities include:
- Acting as the lead contact for setup and configuration of clients’ PatronManager platform
- Performing setup and customizations of the PatronManager platform specific to each client
- Building events, seasons, subscriptions, campaigns and more
- Providing orientation, support and training during initial setup and “go live” dates
- Creating interactive seating charts for venues (using Inkscape, with a little XML and CSS)
- Overseeing accurate, timely and successful achievement of milestones through the entire implementation cycle.
- Excellent organizations and project management skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Able to work with people of varied technical backgrounds and management levels
- A good eye for layout and design, and a high level of comfort learning and using new computer programs. We care less about your “credentials” than we do about your abilities.
- Being self-taught is fine!
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- Any graphics editing software
Bonus points if you have some familiarity with:
- Inkscape or other SVG editor
- Salesforce CRM
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
- Nice company benefits program with health insurance, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance and more
- Casual work environment in a comfortable office space
If this sounds like a great fit for your skills and personality, write to us and tell us why! Your cover letter should make your case for why we should hire you (specifically!) to do this job (specifically!). Proving you’re an awesome, smart, enthusiastic person who loves the arts and loves technology will get you farther than a resume full of experience will.
Send your materials to Mason at jobs[at]patronmanager.com using the subject line “Implementation Specialist.”
Lead Development Rep (Client Cultivation Specialist)- part-time
Actors and theater artists! Are you looking for a part-time gig making phone calls? You’ll be joining a team of other arts-lovers who help theaters and other arts organizations grow! We have a friendly office, and our organization is largely staffed with artists like you. We’re located midtown, right in the heart of the theater district. Or, if you are not in the area, we also the ability to work remotely.
Pay is $20/hour. Employment is part-time (we are open 9-6 and can work with you around your availability!) and will be 29 hours/week.
Please address your resume and cover letter to Chloe and send it to jobs[at]patronmanager.com using the subject line “Client Cultivation Specialist”. Here’s the most important thing you’ll read on this entire page: Don’t send a templated cover letter, we can tell and we’ll delete it. Rather write a fantastic cover letter tell us why you’re the right person for this particular job, your enthusiasm for the arts, and demonstrate why you have the innate drive to succeed at any job. This cover letter is the most important part of your application.
Full description below:
Who Are We Looking For? We are looking for a part-time (29 hours/week) energetic, detail-oriented, and technology savvy person to join our Lead Development team to call and email organizations that may want to work with us. We want someone with an incredible amount of self-motivation, combined with a friendly, outgoing manner. We don’t read cold-call scripts but rather we engage potential customers in a dialogue.
Who Are We? We are PatronManager, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together — we are passionate about arts, sports, and entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing? We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the Salesforce Platform.
We’d like you to have a strong interest and/or involvement in the arts, museums, or other live entertainment, and the positive attitude to achieve goals and surpass expectations. You must be able to be creative, work efficiently, write in a compelling manner, and be persuasive on the phone.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Outbound calling efforts are a key component of this position. You’ll be contacting prospective leads and providing information about PatronManager
- Researching information on the leads
- Completing daily activity reports accounting for all calls and inquiries
Requirements and Considerations:
- Engaging, empathetic and warm phone etiquette with an ability to engage in a conversation. There’s no “script reading” here!
- Highly detail oriented and methodical
- Fluent with database technology (Salesforce experience preferred)
- Experience in telemarketing/sales/customer service a plus
We’re hiring a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. You’ll be part financial analyst, part accountant, and part problem solver. Our ideal candidate has rock-solid accounting experience, a love of solving puzzles, and a commitment to continuous process improvement.
PatronManager’s mission is to revolutionize the ticketing industry by providing arts, culture, and live-entertainment organizations with integrated world-class customer relationship management, box office ticketing, fundraising, and marketing solutions, built entirely on the world’s most advanced cloud-based CRM platform – Salesforce.com. We believe that all arts organizations should have access to great technology, as well as the knowledge and expertise to use it successfully. Our Finance team is a key part of that philosophy.
You’ll be great at this job if you:
- Enjoy solving complex financial problems with limited guidance
- Are comfortable multi-tasking
- Can effectively communicate complex SaaS related accounting concepts with specialists and non-specialists alike
Core Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited to:
- Managing the billing process, including setting new clients up in our system, creating billing reports, and ensuring timely, accurate invoicing
- Managing payroll and commissions
- Conducting financial analyses for use by senior management
- Distilling complex financial data into actionable information
- Prepare and file quarterly State Sales Tax and annual 1099s (Ex: MISC, INT, OID & K)
Required Experience and Skills
- Solid understanding of and practical experience with GAAP rules and revenue recognition standards
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills and comfort working with large datasets
- 2-4 years of demonstrated accounting experience
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university or college
- Salesforce.com experience, especially creating complex reports
- Experience working at a SaaS technology company
- Bonus points for experience with Intacct ERP
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
- Company benefits program with health insurance, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance and more
Are you excited yet? Write to us and tell us why! Your cover letter should make your case for why we should hire you (specifically!) to do this job (specifically!) Help us understand your how your background and experience lines up to make this a great fit and why you have enthusiasm for the position, our mission, and our product. Please don’t send a form cover letter as we won’t read it.
Send your materials to Hector at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line “Staff Accountant.”
Python/Inkscape Developer — Part-time/Project-based
PatronManager is a provider of technology solutions for arts and cultural organizations. Our flagship product, PatronManager, is an application that allows organizations to run all aspects of their business, including selling reserved seating tickets to events held in performing arts venues of all shapes and sizes.
The PatronManager team builds these venues’ seat-maps on-demand for our clients, using Inkscape vector graphics software along with proprietary seat-building Inkscape extensions written in Python.
We are currently seeking an experienced part-time contractor with a background in Python Inkscape extension development to vet, streamline, and upgrade our existing extensions, and develop new extensions where necessary.
Experience writing Python scripts
Experience writing Python Inkscape extensions preferred
Able to effectively communicate progress and ideas
- Investigate and understand current Inkscape extensions used for seat-map building to enhance PatronManager’s seat-map creation and revision tools, that include the functionality to:
- Build large and complicated seat maps, which can be thousands of seats in number and any shape or size (straight, curved, circular rows, etc).
- Revise existing seat-maps, including renumbering, re-zoning, and rearranging seats.
- Collaborate with product management and internal end users to test and iterate development work on extensions
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience and ability, for a fixed number of project hours
- Ability to work remotely if desired, or in a comfortable office space in New York City
Send your resume to Jackie at jobs[at]patronmanager.com, and include a cover letter and work sample (Inkscape extension preferred).
Account Executive Performing Arts & Museums
We are looking for a sales executive who understands the arts & ticketing industry and has exceptional sales and prospecting abilities. We offer PatronManager: cloud-based box office ticketing, marketing, & fundraising built on the salesforce platform. As a Sales Executive your potential clients will be performing arts executives, museum and venue managers, fundraising specialists, and box office professionals. Understanding their business needs and perspectives is essential.
Job responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of the sales process, from initial product demonstration to contracting.
- Prospecting for new clients.
- Collaborating with colleagues within a supportive sales team environment.
Requirements and Considerations:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in sales and lead generation.
- A strong interest and/or experience working with performing arts organizations, museums, commercial entertainment or sports.
- Experience selling software or other technology systems.
- Experience actually using any ticketing, membership management, or fundraising technology system is helpful.
- You must be able to write in a compelling manner and be equally persuasive on the phone or in person.
Send a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]patronmanager.com using the subject line “Sales AE.” Tell us about your enthusiasm for this position, why you have the innate drive and experience for this position, and why this job is perfect for you. Because crisp and persuasive writing is a critical skill, your cover letter should demonstrate that and is a very important part of your application. In other words, don’t bother sending a form cover letter. This position is located in our mid-town Manhattan office. You’ll have significant earning potential with a base salary plus commission. We also offer a Fortune-500 quality health insurance plan paid 100% by us, and a 401K plan.