Who Are We?
Here at PatronManager, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together — we are passionate about arts, culture and live entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing?
We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
Where Are We?
Our corporate headquarters are located right in the heart of the theatre district in NYC! You can practically step outside and see the flashing lights of Broadway. That being said, some of our positions are pretty flexible, and we have team members across the world.
What Are You Waiting For?
Check out our available positions:
Bookkeeper & Business Affairs Assistant – Full Time
PatronManager, a company dedicated to providing web-based technology to performing arts organizations, seeks a full-time bookkeeper/business affairs assistant and to round out a smart, dedicated, (and fun!) four-person team.
You will be responsible for entering large amounts of financial data into our accounting system. You will back up our senior bookkeeper and handle reconciliations, expense reports, help file taxes (ST-100/101, 1099s), A/P, A/R, billing, payroll, administrative tasks, and other projects as they come up.
These accounting tasks will comprise approximately 75% of this position. The rest will be comprised of lending administrative support to other business affairs and human resources activities.
You love detail, and you’re something of a perfectionist (and this doesn’t stress you out!). You want to learn more about the inner workings of a quickly growing business. You don’t get overwhelmed when working to meet deadlines and have the ability to prioritize. You take pride in the quality and quantity of work you do each day, knowing that it contributes to the success of the whole system that’s built on it.
This is an in-house position (not remote), and the ideal candidate has at least 1-2 years of bookkeeping and administrative experience. If you have many years of experience, you’re welcome to apply, but we will likely not be able to meet your salary requirements.
- knowledge of Intacct and/or other bookkeeping systems
- proficient with Excel
- extremely comfortable working with web-based technology
- fast and accurate typing
- knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus
Compensation includes salary, health insurance paid 100% by company, and 401K, and there is ample opportunity for increased responsibility as time goes on.
How to Apply:
Send a short, creative cover letter and resume to Deb Yuarie at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com and answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at PatronManager vs. some other company?
- Are you interested in the arts and/or technology?
- If you reconcile your personal bank account and it’s off by $2, what do you do? Tell us about your process — how do you do you attack the issue and how do you resolve it.
- What is your favorite TV show, film, play, or live performance?
We look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully meeting you very soon.
Patron Technology provides our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager CRM, which is built in partnership with Salesforce.
We are located in Midtown Manhattan near Carnegie Hall, and office hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Lead Test Engineer
We’re hiring a Lead Test Engineer to join our Product Development team at PatronManager, a CRM system that combines box office ticketing, fundraising, marketing, and staff collaboration, built entirely on the cloud-based Salesforce platform. At PatronManager, our clients are predominantly arts and cultural organizations (theatres, orchestras, dance companies, and museums) that use PatronManager to run their business. We believe in providing our customers with high-quality technology, as well as the knowledge and expertise to use it to make their organizations successful.
This role requires expertise in testing web applications, both consumer facing and back office. Our product is built entirely on Salesforce, so having a strong grasp of Salesforce development practices and technologies is highly desirable.
Our clients are passionate about their work, and we share their love of and belief in the power of the arts. If you are a talented and experienced test engineer with Salesforce experience and a strong interest in the arts, we want to work with you!
This role reports to the Director of Product Development.
In this role, you’ll:
- Spearhead the strategic test planning process, documentation, and the execution of that plan to meet deadlines and drive efficiency. This includes writing and overseeing the execution of tests (manual and automated), monitoring testing progress, reporting status, defects and retesting outcomes, tracking defect fixes and new features, and signing off on code quality.
- Build a suite of automated regression tests using tooling appropriate for the Salesforce platform. Tooling selection will be at your recommendation and prior experience.
- Work with a small team of QA testers.
- Interface closely with the product and engineering teams on the product roadmap, the design of our new features and functionality, and the release schedule.
- Participate in release planning and discovery sessions to gather and validate requirements for testing.
- Maintain strong relationships with colleagues in other departments, specifically Engineering and Client Administration (Support).
- Work as a key member of our team to craft a spirit and culture of efficiency and accountability, to our internal teams and to our customers.
Our ideal candidate will have some combination of the following experience and skills:
- Testing expertise: A solid understanding of software testing process and methodology, from Unit Testing through User Acceptance to include: Functional, System, Integration, Regression, and load/performance testing.
- Automation: Real world experience with building and managing large suites of automated tests.
- Arts enthusiasm: You’ll love working here if you have an interest in the arts, whether it be personal or professional.
- A mix of enterprise and consumer experience: We create a B2B product that has both a B2B and a B2C purpose. Our system enables employees at arts organizations to manage their own work and it has certain features and functionality that are public-facing.
- Technical proficiency and tools: We use Jira for issue tracking and are migrating to managing test suites using the Zephyr add-on for Jira. A proficiency with relational data and loading and extracting data from the Salesforce platform is strongly recommended. Work has been started on creating a suite of automated regression tests using WebDriver.
- Customer-centric mindset: Because we are passionate about helping our clients be financially sustainable, you should be able to craft the testing plan and prioritize the testing in way that balances benefit and risk with our customer’s needs in mind.
- Ability to manage multiple projects: Because our company is in a growth phase, and will be for the foreseeable future, we have multiple projects running at the same time that have varying testing timelines and needs.
- Communication: Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- Non-profit and/or arts management software experience: You’ve worked at a company that builds box office ticketing systems, fundraising platforms, marketing systems, or other databases or software that our clients are likely to have used.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Total compensation package includes United Healthcare health insurance (partially paid by the employer), PTO, flexibility to work remotely part of the time, and a 401K plan.
Our company is headquartered in New York City, and our staff is 50/50 onsite and remote. Because the majority of the Product Development Team is based in our New York City office, candidates who live in the New York City area and can come into the office for part of the time are preferred. Our Engineering Team is based in New Haven, CT, and we have an office there as well. However, we will consider outstanding candidates from other cities.
How to apply:
If this sounds like a great fit for your skills and interests, write to us and tell us why. Your cover letter should make your case for why we should hire you to do this specific job. Submit your resume and cover letter here. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.