Who Are We?
Here at PatronManager, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together — we are passionate about arts, culture and live entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing?
We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the salesforce.com platform.
Where Are We?
Our corporate headquarters are located right in the heart of the theatre district in NYC! You can practically step outside and see the flashing lights of Broadway. That being said, some of our positions are pretty flexible, and we have team members across the world.
What Are You Waiting For?
Check out our available positions:
Marketing & Lead Development Intern
Who Are We Looking For? We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, and technology savvy intern to support our Marketing Department for the Summer. This is an ideal position for college/graduate student who is interested in learning, firsthand, the workings of a dynamic-paced technology start-up business that supports hundreds of theatres, orchestras, museums across the USA.
Who Are We? We are PatronManager, our backgrounds are as diverse as this city, but we have one thread that ties us all together — we are passionate about arts, culture, and entertainment and want to see these industries succeed.
What Are We Doing? We provide our clients with world-class customer relationship management, including box office ticketing, fundraising, and email marketing technology, all rolled into one system: PatronManager, which is built entirely on the Salesforce platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Marketing staff on a wide variety of tasks that could include social media, live webinars, email marketing, marketing automation (using Pardot), graphic design, and preparing for conferences around the country
- Developing templates/emails and working on reporting within Salesforce
- Helping to prepare materials and operations for national trade shows/conferences
- Writing/collaborating on various communications to clients
- Assisting in the planning and execution of our August client conference
Requirements and Considerations:
- Smart, confident, enthusiastic, and a quick learner who takes initiative on projects
- Ability to work independently and take initiative but still build toward the greater good of a team
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A strong interest in the arts, museums, or other live entertainment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
Where Are We? Our office atmosphere is casual and non-corporate, but our standards are high, and we’re growing quickly. We are located in midtown Manhattan, near Carnegie Hall, and office hours are from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Scheduling is flexible based on your availability and our needs.
This internship pays $13 per hour and will be for the Summer (roughly May through August).
Please address your resume and cover letter to Guss and send it to jobs[at]patronmanager.com using the subject line “Intern – Marketing”. Don’t send a templated cover letter, we can tell and we’ll delete it. Rather write a fantastic cover letter tell us why you’re the right person for this particular job, your enthusiasm for the arts, and demonstrate why you have the innate drive to succeed at any job. This cover letter is the most important part of your application.
Quality Assurance Manager
We’re hiring a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to join our Product Development team at PatronManager, a CRM system that combines box office ticketing, fundraising, marketing, and staff collaboration, built entirely on the cloud-based Salesforce platform. At PatronManager, our clients are predominantly arts and cultural organizations (theatres, orchestras, dance companies, and museums) that use PatronManager to run their business. We believe in providing our customers with high-quality technology, as well as the knowledge and expertise to use it to make their organizations successful.
This role requires expertise in building applications on Salesforce or the Force.com platform, and a strong grasp of Salesforce development practices.
Our clients are passionate about their work, and we share their love of and belief in the power of the arts. If you are a talented and experienced QA Manager with Salesforce experience and a strong interest in the arts, we want to work with you!
This role reports to the Director of Product Development.
In this role, you’ll:
- Spearhead the strategic test planning process, documentation, and the execution of that plan to meet deadlines and drive efficiency. This includes writing and overseeing the execution of tests (manual and/or automated), monitoring testing progress, reporting status, defects and retesting outcomes, tracking defect fixes and new features, and signing off on code quality.
- Build a suite of automated regression tests using tooling appropriate for the Salesforce platform. Tooling selection will be at your recommendation and prior experience.
- Manage a small team of QA testers.
- Interface closely with the product and engineering teams on the product roadmap, the design of our new features and functionality, and the release schedule.
- Participate in release planning and discovery sessions to gather and validate requirements for testing.
- Maintain strong relationships with colleagues in other departments, specifically Engineering and Client Administration (Support).
- Work as a key member of our team to craft a spirit and culture of efficiency and accountability, to our internal teams and to our customers.
Our ideal candidate will have some combination of the following experience and skills:
- Testing expertise: A solid understanding of software testing process and methodology, from Unit Testing through User Acceptance to include: Functional, System, Integration, Regression, and load/performance testing.
- Arts enthusiasm: You’ll love working here if you have an interest in the arts, whether it be personal or professional.
- Collaborative projects: You’re used to working with multiple and varied teams, taking stock of the needs and wants of stakeholders all while having an eye toward new ideas that expand the concept of what’s possible even while operating within technical boundaries.
- A mix of enterprise and consumer experience: We create a B2B product that has both a B2B and a B2C purpose. Our system enables employees at arts organizations to manage their own work and it has certain features and functionality that are public-facing. For this reason, if you’ve worked at companies or worked on design projects that are in both the B2B and B2C realms, you’ll better understand the design needs of these different but related audiences.
- Technical proficiency and tools: We use Jira for issue tracking and are migrating to managing test suites using the Zephyr add-on for Jira. A proficiency with relational data and loading and extracting data from the Salesforce platform is strongly recommended. Work has been started on creating a suite of automated regression tests using WebDriver.
- Customer-centric mindset: Because we are passionate about helping our clients be financially sustainable, you should be able to craft the testing plan and prioritize the testing in way that balances benefit and risk with our customer’s needs in mind.
- Ability to manage multiple projects: Because our company is in a growth phase, and will be for the foreseeable future, we have multiple projects running at the same time that have varying testing timelines and needs.
- Communication: Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- Flexibility: There may be an occasional need to work outside of business hours if a release schedule requires it.
- Non-profit and / or arts management software experience: You’ve worked at a company that builds box office ticketing systems, fundraising platforms, marketing systems, or other databases or software that our clients are likely to have used.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Total compensation package includes United Healthcare health insurance (we pay 100% of the monthly premium for individual coverage), PTO, flexibility to work remotely part of the time, and a 401K plan.
Our company is headquartered in New York City, and our staff is 50/50 onsite and remote. Because the majority of the Product Development Team is based in our New York City office, candidates who live in the New York City area and can come into the office for part of the time are preferred. Our Engineering Team is based in Woodbridge, CT, and we have an office there as well. However, we will consider outstanding candidates from other cities.
How to apply:
If this sounds like a great fit for your skills and interests, write to us and tell us why. Your cover letter should make your case for why we should hire you to do this specific job. Send your cover letter, resume, a link to your portfolio, and any questions you have to Zuri at (jobs[at]patronmanager.com) using the subject line “QA Manager”. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
We’re hiring a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. You’ll be part financial analyst, part accountant, and part problem solver. Our ideal candidate has rock-solid accounting experience, a love of solving puzzles, and a commitment to continuous process improvement.
PatronManager’s mission is to revolutionize the ticketing industry by providing arts, culture, and live-entertainment organizations with integrated world-class customer relationship management, box office ticketing, fundraising, and marketing solutions, built entirely on the world’s most advanced cloud-based CRM platform – Salesforce.com. We believe that all arts organizations should have access to great technology, as well as the knowledge and expertise to use it successfully. Our Finance team is a key part of that philosophy.
You’ll be great at this job if you:
- Enjoy solving complex financial problems with limited guidance
- Are comfortable multi-tasking
- Can effectively communicate complex SaaS related accounting concepts with specialists and non-specialists alike
Core Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited to:
- Managing the billing process, including setting new clients up in our system, creating billing reports, and ensuring timely, accurate invoicing
- Managing payroll and commissions
- Conducting financial analyses for use by senior management
- Distilling complex financial data into actionable information
- Prepare and file quarterly State Sales Tax and annual 1099s (Ex: MISC, INT, OID & K)
Required Experience and Skills
- Solid understanding of and practical experience with GAAP rules and revenue recognition standards
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills and comfort working with large datasets
- 2-4 years of demonstrated accounting experience
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university or college
- Salesforce.com experience, especially creating complex reports
- Experience working at a SaaS technology company
- Bonus points for experience with Intacct ERP
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability
- Company benefits program with health insurance, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance and more
Are you excited yet? Write to us and tell us why! Your cover letter should make your case for why we should hire you (specifically!) to do this job (specifically!) Help us understand your how your background and experience lines up to make this a great fit and why you have enthusiasm for the position, our mission, and our product. Please don’t send a form cover letter as we won’t read it.
Send your materials to Hector at jobs[at]patrontechnology.com using the subject line “Staff Accountant.”