May PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month
Our PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month for May is Evan Valle, Box Office Manager at Orlando Shakes in Orlando, Florida.
We asked Evan some questions about his journey and current role as a PatronManager Administrator at his organization. Here is what he shared with us:
1. What is your favorite PatronManager feature?
I love the Subscription Renewal Mapping feature! There is something so satisfying about clicking a button and watching all of our renewals get created in a matter of minutes.
2. What is one feature of PatronManager you were not aware of until you became a Certified Admin?
Schema Builder! This is an admin tool in Salesforce that allows you to visualize your database structure and helps determine the relationship each section in the system has with each other. This has been very useful whenever we want to create custom reports but not necessarily know where to start or which object we want to base the report off of. Once you learn this tool, you’ll quickly find it extremely helpful to your success with the system!
3. What is one of your goals for 2019?
I want to travel and see more of the world! I have yet to vacation outside of the U.S., and I would love to travel to Australia.
4. Is there anyone from the PatronManager community (client or staff) that has helped you and your organization improve during your journey to becoming a Certified Admin?
There are so many people, including Danny Abosch (Custom App Architect) and Allison Klein (Senior Platform Specialist). Special shout out and a sincere thanks to Claire Randall (PatronManager’s Education Manager who passed away in 2016). She put the PatronManager Certified Admin training program together and inspired me to challenge myself and complete the certification.
5. What additional resources have you discovered since becoming Certified that have benefited your organization?
I now have the ability to fulfill a majority of my colleagues support requests without having to submit their requests to the PatronManager Client Admin team. The system feels very intuitive to me and I love being able to help others with questions when they arise.
6. Has becoming a Certified Admin improved your ability to mentor and teach PatronManager to your colleagues?
Yes! By having a deeper understanding of the system, and how it was built, it makes it easier to explain how PatronManager works and troubleshoot unexpected problems.
7. What have you accomplished since becoming an Admin that you are most proud of? Are there any unique PatronManager customizations that you have created as an admin that you would like to pass on?
I love building custom reports through PatronManager’s Report Builder function, which allows me to easily create, filter, group, and run formulas based on virtually every transaction recorded in our system. Becoming an Admin helped me achieve that!
8. Which one of your organization’s events are you most excited about this year? (If you had to pick one…)
We’re about to throw an inaugural Tony Awards Viewing Party this June complete with specialty drinks (themed to nominated shows), local pop-up food vendors, and a contest to win exciting prizes if you accurately predict who will win a Tony! If you happen to be in Orlando on June 9th, swing on by!
9. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
From a work perspective, it’s working in the box office with my team and making all of our patrons happy. From a personal perspective, it’s sitting on the couch with my cat, Mrs. Alice Cooper, and watching a scary movie!
10. What is your favorite vacation spot?
You can either find me in NYC watching Broadway shows or at a nearby theme park riding roller coasters!
11. What is your most treasured possession?
My horror movie collection!