January PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month
Our PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month for January is Baron Pugh, Box Office Manager at Trinity Repertory Company in Providence, Rhode Island.
We asked Baron some questions about his journey and current role as a PatronManager Administrator at his organization. Here is what he shared with us:
1. What is one feature of PatronManager you were not aware of until you became a Certified Admin?
Process Builder, which is a Salesforce automation tool. Learning about it was a big eye-opener in understanding what can be automated in PatronManager.
Since learning this tool, we have been able to implement automation that helps us keep track of which of our patrons are attending pre-show discussions. These discussions happen one hour prior to the show, and the process triggers if a ticket is scanned 45 minutes to an hour and a half prior to the show.
2. Has becoming a Certified Admin improved your ability to mentor and teach PatronManager to your colleagues?
Yes! By truly knowing the ins and outs of the system as a whole and how each piece of information connects (or doesn’t) with each other, I am now able to better explain the software to my colleagues.
3. What has been one of your PatronManager goals?
One of my goals has been to fully deploy Lightning (Salesforce’s new user interface) organization-wide. Key players in each department are now using Lightning and it has allowed those users to perform tasks more quickly and efficiently while also highlighting the most important data about our patrons. At this time, we are training and deploying Lightning for all users who started with Classic (Salesforce’s former user interface), while all new users are being on-boarded directly into Lightning.
4. Are there any unique PatronManager customizations that you have created as an admin that you would like to pass on?
Page layout customizations! We knew they were possible when we signed on with PatronManager, but we had no idea that customizing page layouts or adding custom fields and objects could impact our productivity.
Since transitioning to Lightning, Trinity Rep’s most robust and customized page is the home page. For each department that utilizes PatronManager, there is a set of dynamic components so that each person sees the information they need. For example, Development only sees Development-related dashboards, and their most “recent items list” shows Contacts and Donations, whereas the Box Office staff sees only Contacts as well as Tasks and a component that links them to useful information and resources.
5. What additional resources have you discovered since becoming certified that have benefited your organization?
Salesforce Trailhead (Salesforce training modules) has been a great resource. I am currently in the process of creating and rolling out a Trailmix (custom learning path) to assist us in training new staff who will be using PatronManager.
6. Which one of your organization’s events are you most excited about this year? (If you had to pick one…)
We will be producing Sweeney Todd this Spring. The music and drama that this musical brings to the stage are so thrilling (no pun intended). It is sure to delight our audiences.
7. Which words or phrases do you most overuse or are known for saying?
My staff always hears me say “You have the resources to [insert task here].”
8. Is there anyone from the Client Community, Client Support Team, or Education Team that has helped you and your organization improve during your journey to becoming a certified admin? Please shout them out!
Allie Tabberer (Documentation Specialist) has been such a great resource to me. She has such a wealth of knowledge and is eager to help us whenever we have questions about PatronManager.
From the Client Community, Joe Gleason (Assistant Executive Director at the Capitol Center for the Arts) is always a great resource and comes up with great ideas for customization and automation.
Suggested Blog Posts
Learn More about PatronManager, the powerful CRM platform that helps you sell more tickets, raise more money, and cultivate stronger bonds with your audience, all in one database.