How Frequently Should You Post to Facebook? Frequently.
I was in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia last week giving seminars based on my book Breaking the Fifth Wall, which is about e-marketing, social media, and CRM. In the social media section, I showed some research we have done that suggests that posting to your organization’s Facebook page a few times a week, (or even daily) is a good idea, since 84% of arts patrons who say they follow an arts organization on Facebook, log on to Facebook at least a few times a week.
If you’re still on the fence about how valuable Facebook has become, I just read an article in the The Huffington Post, a portion of which I’ve cut and pasted below, which reports statistics just released by Facebook, which adds more context to my recommendation:
- Monthly active users now total 901 million (up from 680 million a year ago).
- Daily active users are up to 526 million (up from 372 million last year).
- Monthly mobile users now total 488 million.
- 300 million photos are uploaded to the site each day.
- 3.2 billion Likes and Comments are posted daily.
- 125 billion friendships are forged per day.