How Frequently Should You Post to Facebook? Frequently.
I was in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia last week giving seminars based on my book Breaking the Fifth Wall, which is about e-marketing, social media, and CRM. In the social media section, I showed some research we have done that suggests that posting to your organization’s Facebook page a few times a week, (or even daily) is a good idea, since 84% of arts patrons who say they follow an arts organization on Facebook, log on to Facebook at least a few times a week.
If you’re still on the fence about how valuable Facebook has become, I just read an article in the The Huffington Post, a portion of which I’ve cut and pasted below, which reports statistics just released by Facebook, which adds more context to my recommendation:
- Monthly active users now total 901 million (up from 680 million a year ago).
- Daily active users are up to 526 million (up from 372 million last year).
- Monthly mobile users now total 488 million.
- 300 million photos are uploaded to the site each day.
- 3.2 billion Likes and Comments are posted daily.
- 125 billion friendships are forged per day.
Learn More about PatronManager, the powerful CRM platform that helps you sell more tickets, raise more money, and cultivate stronger bonds with your audience, all in one database.