November PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month
Our PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month for November is Adam Grosswirth, Member Services Director at the National Alliance for Musical Theatre in New York, New York.
We asked Adam some questions about his journey and current role as a PatronManager Administrator at his organization. Here is what he shared with us:
1. What is your favorite PatronManager feature?
We have a ton of information we keep track of, so first and foremost, I love having it all in the same place! But one specific feature I really like is the automatic flagging (and quick merging) of duplicate contacts and accounts in Lightning (Salesforce’s new user interface); it helps us keep our data clean and organized.
2. What is one feature of PatronManager you were not aware of until you became a Certified Admin?
Cross Filters (which help fine-tune Reports by including or excluding records from related data without having to write formulas or code) have become one of my favorite recent discoveries. For instance, we like to segment our marketing emails so that folks who’ve already registered for an event don’t get bothered or confused by emails marketing that event. Cross Filters help in this regard by allowing us to easily pull a list of contacts who haven’t registered for the event. Combined with Emma (our email marketing platform) which auto-syncs daily, we can ensure our lists are always up to date.
3. What have you accomplished since becoming an Admin that you are most proud of? Are there any unique PatronManager customizations that you have created as an Admin that you would like to pass on?
Our recent transition to Lightning was an opportunity for us to rethink how we were using the system and make sure all of our users were getting the most out of it. We got to do some cool customizations, including giving everyone a unique homepage with dashboards suited to their needs. It was actually pretty fun and I really like how it turned out!
4. Are there any current or upcoming technology trends that you’re excited about? If so, what?
I’m excited about more user-friendly automation tools like Process Builder in Salesforce. Anything I can do to customize my technology to save myself time makes me happy, and I think we’ll see more of it in the future.
5. Which one of your organization’s events are you most excited about this year? (If you had to pick one…)
Our 2020 Spring Conference in Chicago, hosted by Chicago Shakespeare Theater and The Marriott Theatre! This year’s theme is “The Full Patron Experience.”
6. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Disney World! Although, I spent a couple of days at Mohonk Mountain House this past Winter in New Paltz, NY and I can’t recommend it highly enough. It is the perfect getaway and now I want to go back in every season!
7. Is there anyone from the Client Community, Client Support Team, or Education Team that has helped you and your organization improve during your journey to becoming a Certified Admin? Please shout them out!
Allie Taberer (QA Specialist) and Caroline Renard (Technology Consultant for the Arts) are both rockstars. Allison Klein (Senior Platform Specialist) and Daniel Pesick (former Product Manager) were supremely helpful in getting us started and I’ll always be grateful to them! Nathan Anderson (VP of Operations and Integration) taught my Admin class and was very helpful in answering all of my questions and working through any difficulties I had along the way. 🙂
8. What is your most treasured possession?
I’ll admit it, my iPhone. That thing might as well be glued to my hand.