February PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month
Our PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month for February is Mary Calantoc, Director of Education and Engagement at the Diamond Head Theatre in Honolulu, Hawaii.
We asked Mary some questions about her journey and current role as a PatronManager Administrator at her organization. Here is what she shared with us:
1. What is your favorite PatronManager feature?
My most-used feature is probably the PatronManager Help Tab — the in-system directory of resources, articles, and instructions. But, while it’s not a specific feature, I think my favorite thing about PatronManager is how we can really customize it to fit our specific organizational needs.
2. What is one feature of PatronManager that you were not aware of until you became a Certified Admin?
One feature I was not aware of was Bucket Fields, which allows a user to quickly categorize report records without creating a formula or a custom field. One time, I was asked to create a couple of reports for our Capital Campaign team and by using Bucket Fields, I was able to quickly manipulate the data and create exactly what they needed, which was pretty stellar!
3. Has becoming a Certified Admin improved your ability to mentor and teach PatronManager to your colleagues?
I think becoming a Certified Admin has boosted my confidence to try challenging new things in the system and work my way through them before going to PatronManager’s Client Support Team — and that is slowly rubbing off on my colleagues. I’m now in the middle of a quest to get all of our users to take the plunge into Salesforce’s new user interface, Lightning!
4. What have you accomplished since becoming an Admin that you are most proud of? Are there any unique PatronManager customizations that you have created as an admin that you would like to pass on?
I recently got the new Public Ticketing Site — PatronManager’s online ticketing pages — up and running and it was a very smooth transition. With the guidance of my buddy the Help Tab, I was able to get everything upgraded with very few issues!
5. Which one of your organization’s events are you most excited about this year? (If you had to pick one…)
While it’s not an event, we are in the midst of a capital campaign to build a new theater and, if all goes as planned, we hope to move to the public phase of the campaign this fiscal year. This is both exciting and terrifying, but we’re ready for it!
6. Which words or phrases do you most overuse or are known for saying?
“Hundo P” – I say this so much it’s become a thing around the theatre, and when I hear my coworkers or any of our volunteers use it in everyday conversation it’s glorious.
7. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A quiet beach with the trade winds blowing, the sun shining, and a huge stack of books for me to read! Throw in an icy cocktail and it’s basically perfection.
8. What is your favorite vacation spot?
I live in Hawaii — which I think is where a lot of people want to vacation. But for me, my favorite vacay would be anywhere I’ve never been before!