December PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month
Our PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month for December is Jillian Cook, CRM Analyst & Ticketing Sales at The Music Hall in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
We asked Jillian some questions about her journey and current role as a PatronManager Administrator at her organization. Here is what she shared with us:
1. What is one feature of PatronManager you were not aware of until you became a Certified Admin?
Definitely Workflows (a tool that allows you to automate standard internal processes to save time). It was a real lightbulb moment for me when I learned about them and realized all they would allow us to do. One of the first Workflows I created was an automated email alert that gets sent to members of our Development department when a major donor renews their yearly membership!
2. Has becoming a Certified Admin improved your ability to mentor and teach PatronManager to your colleagues?
Absolutely! I’m our organization’s go-to person when it comes to reporting questions, from creating them to troubleshooting. I recently helped our Development department run a report comparing the number of new patrons to returning patrons, sorted by region. This data will now be used in grant proposals and reports. I’ve also started leading training sessions with staff members to help them build confidence and get more familiar with the system!
3. What is one of your goals for the rest of 2019?
I’m in the planning stages of implementing Lightning (Salesforce’s new user interface) at The Music Hall, which is very exciting for us!
4. What have you accomplished since becoming an Admin that you are most proud of? Are there any unique PatronManager customizations that you have created as an Admin that you would like to pass on?
I’m really proud of the Workflow I created for our group sales process, which has been a real timesaver. We have several different communications when it comes to group sales, including sending an invoice, requesting a deposit, sending a receipt of payment, and sending patrons a reminder when their final payment is due. The Workflow I created automatically sends these emails, complete with customizing the amounts, dates, and performance details, without having to manually track people down to request money. For the first show after implementing this new Workflow, all group sales were paid in full two weeks before the performance (something unheard of with our old, labor-intensive method).
5. Which one of your organization’s events are you most excited about this year? (If you had to pick one…)
I’m most excited about the on-stage version of the improv comedy show Whose Line is it Anyway? next summer!
6. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A cup of tea and a good book!
7. What is your favorite vacation spot?
I recently went on a road trip to visit several national parks in the Southwest and took about a thousand photos.
8. What is your most treasured possession?
My grandfather’s old Pentax SLR camera.