April PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month
Our PatronManager Certified Admin of the Month for April is Rachel Ciprotti, Director of Education & Operations at Seattle Chamber Music Society in Seattle, Washington.
We asked Rachel some questions about her journey and current role as a PatronManager Administrator at her organization. Here is what she shared with us:
1. What is your favorite PatronManager feature?
For me, it’s the ability for our audience to purchase tickets online without needing to remember any login information. Who can remember their username and password to every arts organization they’ve ever purchased a ticket from? I love the convenience of this for our audiences.
2. What is one feature of PatronManager you were not aware of until you became a Certified Admin?
It’s hard to choose just one thing as I learned so much during my Certification journey. Something that stands out is the Membership functionality (which allows you to manage your patron levels and benefits in the system, provide dynamic member benefits, track attendance, and give timely renewal reminders). My organization hadn’t been using it, so I was unaware that it even existed until the Certification course! I think we will be implementing this within the next year in an interesting way (stay tuned!)
3. What is one of your goals for 2019?
I would like to transition Seattle Chamber Music to the Salesforce Lightning Experience (an updated user interface with new features and redesigned pages) and become DIY Data Certified so I can take on more data projects on my own inside of PatronManager.
4. Is there anyone from the PatronManager community (client or staff) that has helped you and your organization improve during your journey to becoming a Certified Admin?
The whole PatronManager team has been incredible to work with! Rachel Hands (Director of Client Services), Christy Warren (Senior Manager of Education), Jill Michaelree (Account Manager), Ellen Hindson (Education Specialist), and Hannah Neff (Payment Processing Transition Project Manager) come to mind immediately as people who have been patient, open-minded, and massively helpful to me.
5. What additional resources have you discovered since becoming Certified that have benefited your organization?
After getting a better understanding of PatronManager and Salesforce during my Certification course, I dived deeper into Salesforce resources, especially the Power of Us Hub, an online forum where other non-profits on the platform gather to talk about best practices.
6. Has becoming a Certified Admin improved your ability to mentor and teach PatronManager to your colleagues?
Absolutely 100% yes. I know so much more about WHY things are set up the way they are in the system, which makes it easier to understand what is and isn’t possible, and explain things coherently to my colleagues.
7. Which one of your organization’s events are you most excited about this year? (If you had to pick one…)
Our Summer Festival happens every year in July and I know this year’s (running from July 1-27, 2019) is going to be the best one yet!
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being surrounded by friends and laughter with my cat and a glass of scotch.
9. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Boston — specifically Fenway Park, historic home of my beloved Red Sox baseball team.
10. What is your most treasured possession?
I love old books. I have a small collection of them and I cherish them beyond words. They include a couple of Harlem Renaissance authors from the 1920s, works by Ralph Waldo Emerson, Honore de Balzac, and a fair bit of poetry.